logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

nono
#1 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 10:53:25 PM(UTC)
nono

Groups: Registered
Germany

My Review on The Multicage+ for 5DmarkIII :

First I have to thank the Chrosziel company to let me test their cage.

Well I was excited to play with. I have to say that it’s like playing Lego.
Rig, derig, to different configurations.

I enjoy the tool, really well done, amazing quality, solid forever, but it could be a bit lighter. A real good feeling.

Anyway, there is enough holes for mounting all your accessories. The holes are going per pair 1/4 + 3/8.

I mounted two different zoom lenses on the 5D (24-105/80-200mm) and i found no difficulties. Finally, I could almost balancing the camera on the tripod easily with the baseplate.

The handle needs to be fixed with the rod accessoire if not, there is too much game. Even with the rod mount, there is still a mini game.
Also the handle has not enough grip.. It can be fixed with a piece of gaffer tape to grip it well. But I hope that some leather option will come.
Also it’s pretty good to hold the cage on the vertical side bars. But like the handle too slippery.

I used to work with a quick adapter for my 5D but in the configuration that Chrosziel send me, it was impossible to mount it. Probably, it will be fixed by extending the cage like for other cameras. To me, I consider that people should buy the bigger size of the cage to get the maximun flexibility.

The configuration cage + Lws DSLR is not bad, but the Lws should be able to go backward more. That would help to open completly the card door. Actually it s not possible to eject the CF card, but it s a matter of configuration, it should not be a big issue.
Changing the batterie is working.

Actually, I’m looking for a solution for my 5D rig. First it needs to be able to handheld safety the camera (not in shoe mount), second it needs to protect my Hdmi plug. But why investing in two different devices, if only one could give me what I want. That why I think a cage is the solution.
This cage is a global solution, not a dedicated one. That means if you’re choosing this tool, it’s for today but also for the futur. Your next camera will fit the multicage. So the investment is good.

I like the cage and will be sad to send back. But I’ve got some wishes about the system:
. a HDMI holder
. a non slippery handle
. two removable rubber grips for the sidebars, to grip and not freezing during wintertime.
. possibility to slide the LWS DSLR a bit more backwards for opening correctly the card door.
. possibility to fix the mini game of handle.
. a solution to fix the shoe mount of the 5D to the cage, to create a stronger fixation.

And that’s it... For using on the 5DmarkIII.

watch the video:
https://vimeo.com/54630439

Juergen CEO Chrosziel
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:39:24 PM(UTC)
Juergen CEO Chrosziel

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello Arnoud,

Thank you for testing and reporting and the very nice video.

I like to answer to your comments and requests.
1. The LWS we had sent with the cage is designed to bring the camera into the proper height for a MatteBox on 15 mm rods. For an additional quick adaptor between the LWS and the 5D the LWS camera platform can be adjusted (lowered) to the proper height with the quick adaptor. We have a series of spacers which make such combinations fit – at Chrosziel it is all a kind of Lego.

2. The base plate has been changed already. The serial one will have more space to slide the LWS to the back. The card slot will then fully open.

3. The final handle will have a form to fit with no play at any position and with or without the accessory bridge.

4. A cover for the handle to make it less slippery and warmer in winter time is on our to do list; as well as such sleeves for the cage sides. Please be reminded that you may also use two handles on the sides.

5. A Cable Protector for the cage is also on the list for further accessories.

6. Please explain:
possibility to fix the mini game of handle.
a solution to fix the shoe mount of the 5D to the cage

I hope to have proven that we listen and react.

Please let me have you explanations mentioned under 6.

All the best
And thanks a lot!
Juergen